Our responsibility as a company is to provide the highest quality of services to our customers and to do so we strive to be more efficient and economical than our competitors.
The exciting and challenging careers we offer may be the right path for you. We are seeking highly trained, passionate and committed staff in all areas of our business including accounting and finance, information technology, human resources, sales, operations, marketing, graphic design and more.
Why Messe Frankfurt?
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 20 days a calendar year and this increases by 1 day for each continuous year of service thereafter, to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holidays: Eleven each year. Separate from PTO.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- and more!
You will be responsible for exhibit space sales, exhibitor related communications and global sales partner communication for INA PAACE Automechanika Mexico, Festival of Motoring as well as any other shows in the Mobility and Logistics brand trade shows while assisting the Sales Manager and Show Director in the administration and communication of effective customer support activities. In this role, you will perform a variety of administrative duties and sales-related support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties for an MFI show/sales coordinator is to assist the team with exhibitor services, sales, sales processes and to perform all the duties necessary to support during the show cycle. Must thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Provide general sales and exhibitor-related communication and support.
- Identify, qualify and close exhibitor prospects.
- Perform administrative tasks, including phone and email functions, organizational projects, invoices, produce and distribute sales reports, timelines and general record keeping.
- Work in a CRM (SalesLogix), to process contracts and send invoices to exhibitors.
- Assist Sales Manager in collecting payments and clearing payments through the accounting department to ensure payments are properly tracked and recognized.
- Maintenance of show-related database(s).
- Working in CRM to track communications with exhibitors and follow up on sales prospects, invoices, payments, confirmations, deadlines, operational services and general communications.
- Field exhibitor service questions as needed. Address exhibitor concerns, requests and questions prior, during and after trade show.
- Research potential growth areas (new or underserved product categories, country segments and trends) that align with show strategies.
- Assist Sales Manager with the coordination, preparation and execution of sales campaigns throughout show cycle.
- Assist in ExpoCad with floor plan as needed. Confirm booth placements if requested.
- Assist international Sales Partners.
- Assist with the setup and proofing of the registration system and signage.
- Assist with exhibitor questions regarding registration.
- Participate in the proofing of the show directory and the mobile app exhibitor list.
- Additional support functions in the daily communication, record keeping and strategic positioning of the shows.
- Maintain a master list of Booth ID signs, send completed list to operations and/or to the General Service Contractor.
- Maintain a master list of onsite exhibitor booths including open/closed booth corners, provide to operations.
- Work on show floor at the live event which includes, booth checks, booth ID sign checks, payment collection, physical labor including unpacking boxes, distributing sales materials, assisting exhibitors. Additional items to be determined.
- Pull sales report weekly form SLX, save to the M drive. Distribute as requested
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the American Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be present in the office.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening test.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree and work experience
- Previous experience managing convention/trade show planning activities for “client-side” organization desired.
Qualifications & Work Experience
- A proven ability to communicate effectively with Sales, Marketing, Executive Management, and vendors.
- The ability to manage workloads and prioritize requests to meet deadlines
- A proactive approach to "managing" exhibitors/attendees, such as ensuring that they register on time.
- Ability to maintain poise and self‐control under pressure in a fast‐paced environment.
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and with minimum direction
- Robust attention to the details without losing sight of the big picture association is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and comprehension of contact management database
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work long hours outside of the normal work schedule during the show.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for 8 hrs/day.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel to shows and walk up and downstairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office environment
- Trade show setting
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Download the Job Description
- Show/Sales Coordinator - Mobility and Logistics Shows (pdf, 686 KB)