Our responsibility as a company is to provide the highest quality of services to our customers and to do so we strive to be more efficient and economical than our competitors.
The exciting and challenging careers we offer may be the right path for you. We are seeking highly trained, passionate and committed staff in all areas of our business including accounting and finance, information technology, human resources, sales, operations, marketing, graphic design and more.
Why Messe Frankfurt?
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 20 days a calendar year and this increases by 1 day for each continuous year of service thereafter, to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holidays: Eleven each year. Separate from PTO.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- and more!
The Show Coordinator is an invaluable member of an exciting team that works on the Texworld New York City, Apparel Sourcing New York City, and the Home Textiles Sourcing Shows.
- Provide general sales and exhibitor related communications support for the specific brands and trade shows and assisting the show team with customer support activities.
- Identify, qualify and close US exhibitor prospects for the portfolio.
- Perform administrative tasks, including mailing functions, organizational projects, purchase orders, produce and distribute sales reports, timelines and general record keeping.
- Maintain and update effective sales database for relevant trade shows.
- Assist in maintaining an updated floor plan for relevant trade shows, act as back-up/support for the Senior Show Manager.
- Working in SalesLogix, track communications with exhibitors, prepare and follow up on invoices, confirmations, payments, deadlines, catalogue orders, ancillary MFI services and general communications.
- Contribute to identifying ideas on increasing show revenues through alternatives to booth and sponsorship sales.
- Coordination of services provided to exhibitors and attendees, handling miscellaneous projects required by show team prior to and during the onsite operation of relevant trade shows.
- Attend the trade shows onsite when needed.
- Address exhibitor concerns, requests and questions prior, during and after trade fairs.
- Assist show team with the coordination, preparation and execution of sales campaigns.
- Coordinate with Frankfurt and brand managers on the distribution of promotional materials.
- Develop sales programs in support of sales partners and coordinate with the Marketing team regarding sales materials needed for shows.
- Additional support functions in the daily communication, record keeping and strategic positioning of the shows.
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be present in the office
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
BA or higher
Qualifications & Work Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Innovative self-starter
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Outstanding follow-through
- Proficiency in MS Office and comprehension of contact management databases
- Experience in the trade show or events industry is a plus
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work long hours on-site during shows.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and go up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the American Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office environment
- Trade show environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Messe Frankfurt reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.
- Show Coordinator (pdf, 33 KB)