Our responsibility as a company is to provide the highest quality of services to our customers and to do so we strive to be more efficient and economical than our competitors.
The exciting and challenging careers we offer may be the right path for you. We are seeking highly trained, passionate and committed staff in all areas of our business including accounting and finance, information technology, human resources, sales, operations, marketing, graphic design and more.
Why Messe Frankfurt?
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 20 days a calendar year and this increases by 1 day for each continuous year of service thereafter, to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holidays: Eleven each year. Separate from PTO.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- and more!
As an International Sales Associate you will be responsible for sales and exhibitor-related communications for the automotive portfolio, assisting in the administration and communication of effective customer support activities. As a sales professional you will perform a variety of duties aimed at managing relationships and developing new business.
Essential Daily Duties:
Account management, including pre, during and post show preparation for exhibitors. Develop and maintain the exhibitor relationship outside of the sales cycle. Maintaining a pipeline for multiple shows and cross selling to multiple regions and/or markets. Collaborating with the team, marketing and operations departments.
Essential On-going Duties:
Attend and work through competitive shows to gain industry knowledge and cultivate existing accounts. Prospecting at the shows. Advance preparation for shows, i.e., scheduling meetings.
- Identify, qualify and close US exhibitor prospects for the automotive portfolio of International events assigned by the International Show Manager
- Perform administrative tasks, including mailing functions, organizational projects, purchase orders, sales reports, timelines and general record keeping
- Maintain effective sales database for relevant trade shows
- Maintain an updated floor plan and coordinate with operations team and International Sales Manager
- Working in SalesLogix, track Frankfurt’s communication with American exhibitors and follow up on invoices, confirmations, deadlines, catalogue orders, ancillary Messe Frankfurt services and general communications
- Contribute to identifying ideas on increasing show revenues through alternatives to booth and sponsorship sales
- Maintain industry and product knowledge and inform company of changing market conditions and competitive issues
- Provide input to International Sales Manager in ways to better execute an effective sales plan, including the development and distribution of exhibitor prospectus and other promotional materials
- Coordinate time-line for sales activities together with the International Sales Manager
- Coordination of services provided to exhibitors, attendees and miscellaneous projects required by International Sales Manager prior to and during the onsite operation of relevant Frankfurt trade fairs
- Supervise ordering and distribution of visitor tickets; help address inquiries and questions from visitor prospects
- General exhibitor request fulfillment (specific requests to be handled by International Show Manager)
- Address attendee and exhibitor concerns, requests and questions prior, during and after trade fair
- Management reserves the right to alter or amend the job description, responsibilities and compensation at their sole discretion at any time
- Other duties may be assigned as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the ability required. Under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be present in the office
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
BA or higher
Understanding exhibitor to attendee relationship
Understanding domestic vs. international business, i.e., importing vs. exporting and inbound vs. outbound
Aptitude to build strong interpersonal relationships
Qualifications & Work Experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency in MS Office and comprehension of contact management databases
Experience in the trade show industry is necessary
Minimum 2-3 years sales experience
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office environment
- Trade show environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Description (PDF)
- International Sales Associate (pdf, 136 KB)