Our responsibility as a company is to provide the highest quality of services to our customers and to do so we strive to be more efficient and economical than our competitors.
The exciting and challenging careers we offer may be the right path for you. We are seeking highly trained, passionate and committed staff in all areas of our business including accounting and finance, information technology, human resources, sales, operations, marketing, graphic design and more.
Why Messe Frankfurt?
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off: Employees accrue 20 days a calendar year and this increases by 1 day for each continuous year of service thereafter, to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holidays: Eleven each year. Separate from PTO.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan
- and more!
As a Social Media Specialist you will be responsible for assisting the Marketing Department and individual event teams to develop content strategies, support brand objectives, ensure flawless campaign execution, and measure the impact of all social programs aligning with the strategic goals of each of the events. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers to create and implement digital strategies and social media content plans that are consistent with each events’ brand identity and in-line with budgets
- Create and manage monthly social calendars
- Manage a high volume of daily social media posts – Develop content, source images and post across all channels for all events
- Monitor conversations and engage with audiences, including responding to queries in a timely manner
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with key partners, associations, stakeholders, media, agencies, and industry community groups
- Develop all content (both copy and design) for paid campaigns across all digital and social ad platforms, this will include bidding, targeting, ad creation, etc.
- Explore, evaluate, and implement new tools as required
- Provide coverage through social platforms during events as needed: Facebook LIVE, live tweeting, being present onsite for interviews, Instagram Story, work with Brand Ambassadors/influencers
- Lead rollover of all social media and digital marketing channels post-event – this will include updating all headers, dates, links, buttons, photos and other necessary information after the events to begin promoting the next event cycle.
- Use analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc. for measuring the impact of digital and social programs, and analyzing, reviewing, and reporting on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results and improve overall presence and performance
- Perform other digital marketing duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the American Disability Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be present in the office
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related field
Qualifications & Work Experience
- 3+ years of social media experience that includes planning and managing content across various industries, preferably in an agency setting
- Have a solid understanding of social media and digital marketing strategy including SEO and SEM
- Experience using various analytics platforms and reporting results
- Strong design skills (Adobe Suite - primarily Photoshop and Illustrator. Video editing is a plus)
- Excellent communication, creative writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish), a plus
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to work long hours on-site during shows
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic office environment
- Basic trade show environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Messe Frankfurt, Inc. reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.
- Social Media Specialist (pdf, 311 KB)